One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An exception is the minor cyclicity noted in Chadian oolitic limestones of South Wales, but these are restricted geographically, and it is likely that they reflect local controls rather than eustatic ones.’
- ‘Suitable white wine soil tends to have more oolitic limestone and less marl in its make-up.’
- ‘Cycles are common, with deeper water bioclastic limestones at their base, followed by shallow marine oolitic limestones and lagoonal calcareous mudstones, with palaeokarstic horizons representing emergence at their top.’
- ‘His fieldwork, beginning over 60 years ago in the Svalbard Archipelago, Norway, and Greenland, recognized obvious glacial marine deposits bounded above and below by oolitic limestones that suggested tropical deposition.’
- ‘The carbonate products are made up of oolitic grains, oolitic gravels, benthic foraminifers and crinoid ossicles, in decreasing order of abundance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.