One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In response, the ontologist observes that the medium may still have a nature, even if there are no stylistic mandates that follow from it.’
- ‘‘Ontology’ is a grandiose name for a part of metaphysics: an ontologist attempts to determine what sort of things really exist, what are the fundamental entities of which the world consists.’
- ‘Many ‘ontologists’ are truly re-inventing the wheel - an already-developed thesaurus for their subject matter may be hiding in the stacks of their local university library.’
- ‘We boast of our outlaw status as outsiders or marginals, as guerilla ontologists; why then, do we continually beg for authenticity and validation (either as ‘reward’ or as ‘punishment’) from authority?’
- ‘Such steps have often been taken both by ontologists and apologists for movies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.