One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In some species, males facultatively or ontogenetically switch between these tactics, and in other species the tactics appear to be fixed for an individual's lifetime.’
- ‘Thus, the resultant planktonic cephalopods are probably trapped, either evolutionarily or ontogenetically.’
- ‘This is obvious but important, because if camerae can be derived from fossae ontogenetically then they can also be derived from fossae phylogenetically.’
- ‘In the other clade characterized by a static level of disparity, Clade 5 the structure changes ontogenetically, although more subtly than in Clade 4.’
- ‘Combined with their occasionally distinctive morphologies, it would appear that they represent structures ontogenetically and functionally distinct from the botuliform cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.