One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is obvious but important, because if camerae can be derived from fossae ontogenetically then they can also be derived from fossae phylogenetically.’
- ‘Combined with their occasionally distinctive morphologies, it would appear that they represent structures ontogenetically and functionally distinct from the botuliform cells.’
- ‘In some species, males facultatively or ontogenetically switch between these tactics, and in other species the tactics appear to be fixed for an individual's lifetime.’
- ‘In the other clade characterized by a static level of disparity, Clade 5 the structure changes ontogenetically, although more subtly than in Clade 4.’
- ‘Thus, the resultant planktonic cephalopods are probably trapped, either evolutionarily or ontogenetically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.