Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who is online; an Internet user.‘how do you prevent altered ‘facts’ from being presented to young onliners as the gospel truth?’
- ‘On-liners are far more flexible and resilient than the MPAA gives them credit for.’
- ‘Offensive junk mail, in particular that of an adult nature has become increasingly an issue to all of us onliners and site owners alike.’
- ‘In defence of the reporters is the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EEF) which believes onliners deserve the same protection from revealing professional confidences enjoyed by other journalists.’
- ‘So many onliners take no care in the choice of words used, or how the content of their e-mail will reflect on them.’
- ‘Newspapers that expect to attain eternal life as lighthouses amidst the roiling darkness of "data smog" (a fine coinage of onliners) will have to smarten up.’
- ‘In the past decade, there has been very little progress when it comes to onliners wanting to acquire just enough information and knowledge to know how to protect themselves.’
- ‘"Most onliners are not clear communicators," says Judith Kallos, of www.netmanners.com.’
- ‘And singing is impossible (unless you consider the mutual recitation of lyrics as singing - which some onliners do).’
- ‘Probably out of a discontent with the dwindling resources dedicated to film in the traditional media, we onliners are defining our own film culture as we go along.’
- ‘Many onliners still have to wait up to 30 minutes or more to open overly large files due to their connection speed.’
- ‘It's always nice to have a helpful group of on-liners to show me the error of my ways.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.