One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The latter are smoky, but not too smoky; fresh, not crispy; sticky with an oniony, chili-flecked syrup - and flavorful enough that they don't need the ranch.’
- ‘The saucy, oniony beans and yellow rice make it homey.’
- ‘The dip was oniony and lightly fishy, a perfect complement to the warm pocketless pitas that came alongside it.’
- ‘I use them around the garden as companion plants, which means I'm never without the oniony component of salads, soups and stews.’
- ‘Once I see the oniony liquid start to seep out, I'll add the vinegar to it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.