One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very fine smooth translucent paper.
- ‘Too bad the moviemaker and his screenwriter, Paul Gégauff, aren't on the same piece of onionskin.’
- ‘The second is a seven page document attributed to the Office of Scientific Intelligence in 1976, this is a photocopied onionskin document titled UFO Sovereignty Over Air Space: A Defense Intelligence Problem.’
- ‘Manual typewriters with onionskin carbon paper were the closest many of us got to automation.’
- ‘Please note that Caferati only wants entries via email, so if your manuscript is written in copperplate across twenty-seven violet-scented onionskin pages, start typing.’
- ‘Michael Cimino and Bo Goldman's screenplay is so thin and transparent it could have been printed on onionskin.’
- ‘‘Buffy!’ she squealed, in an exuberant pleasure he knew to be genuine, if with no more depth than a sheet of onionskin.’’
- ‘Inside was a sheet of onionskin typing paper, the kind that's slippery but crinkles.’
- ‘Freights were lined in and out of the yard, train orders were copied on onionskin off the sounder (and hooped up to the crews), switches were lined and signals set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.