One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See onion dome
- ‘It is Sunday, I am in the onion-domed Alexander Nevski cathedral in Tallinn in Estonia, and I happen upon a Russian Orthodox ‘Adoration of the Eucharist’ - a spiritual experience never to be surpassed.’
- ‘These onion-domed churches that punctuate several cityscapes belong to the so-called Eastern Churches still functioning and even thriving as places of worship.’
- ‘The onion-domed Holy Resurrection Russian Orthodox Church is one of Kodiak's landmarks.’
- ‘The gleaming, onion-domed Saint Nicholas' Cathedral on boulevard Tsarevitch has to be one of Nice's biggest surprises, surrounded as it is by typically French mid-rise apartment complexes.’
- ‘A little wooden onion-domed monastery with various other houses and windmills all strangely made without the use of nails made this ‘World Heritage site’ the highlight of the whole trip for me!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.