One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The same person or thing (used for emphasis)‘the guy in the glasses and Superman were one and the same’
- ‘I think that person I was talking about and this short brunette are one and the same.’
- ‘It is not feasible by any means to pit songwriting against poetry, for they are one and the same.’
- ‘The casual listener might even think the two projects are one and the same.’
- ‘So the ruling party and the former President were often seen as one and the same.’
- ‘He's lobbying to make the working age and the voting age one and the same.’
- ‘I grew up equating sex with love, believing them to be one and the same.’
- ‘It reminds us that nationhood and identity are not one and the same.’
- ‘I suppose some people think that multiculturalism and equality are one and the same.’
- ‘Come to think of it, the man with the beard and the man with the hood might be one and the same.’
- ‘My dear Dr. Laura, it would seem that your two grievances are truly one and the same.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.