One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Everyone.‘well done one and all!’
without opposition, with one accord, with one mind, to a man, as one, one and all, each and every one, bar none, without exceptionView synonyms
- ‘A sincere thanks to one and all and best wishes to everyone for a very Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.’
- ‘The thoughts of one and all, both in the comment box and by email were appreciated.’
- ‘Neither firm nor trustees inquired into alternatives for members other than closing the final salary pension scheme to one and all.’
- ‘A very happy New Year to one and all; and just as importantly for our industry, I hope it's prosperous.’
- ‘Yeah, you see, I've tried very, very hard to come up with a paragraph that'll win me busloads of sympathy from one and all.’
- ‘We had a lovely session at our ManchesterSummit, introducing one and all to Blogging.’
- ‘Thank you one and all, including the receptionists and nurses.’
- ‘His gentle and sincere disposition endeared him to one and all.’
- ‘A great night of fun and entertainment is promised to one and all with music on the night by the ever popular Quality Street.’
- ‘A good time was had by one and all and there are no complaints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.