One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But just as there are many species of idealism - from mindless one-worldism to the administration's gloss on muscular, imperial Wilsonianism - so there are many variants of realism.’
- ‘Their works are interspersed with centuries-old figures of Buddha, a mask from Bali, a U.S. Navy diving helmet and other curios in an arty arrangement whose glib one-worldism indeed recalls the platitudes of the 1950s.’
- ‘He came out next, flaunting what could have been an annoying amount of one-worldism, with an Algerian percussionist, a belly dancer and musical sources ranging from dub reggae to rai, the Algerian pop music.’
- ‘Finally we will consider the role this liberalized Christianity has played in advancing open immigration and one-worldism, especially through its literalist reading of the Scriptures’
- ‘Rightly or not, some parents and religious leaders held that these smacked of socialism and one-worldism, if not Marxism, and that the state had no business imposing such things on its young people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.