One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or holding the view that the world's inhabitants are interdependent and should behave accordingly.
- ‘Lovers of conspiracy theories frequently point to plans to set up a one-world government.’
- ‘Worldwide agricultural research and development cooperation is not a sinister secret plot, it is not even an element of so called one-world government.’
- ‘Later on, aided by wicked officials at the United Nations, the Anti-Christ comes to power and establishes a godless one-world government.’
- ‘Now farmers are adapting to a one-world view, which deplores subsidies in one country that disadvantage another, which treats the environment as paramount and which encourages a return to locally-produced quality food.’
- ‘The structural correspondence of wartime and postwar approaches to political subjectivity was an insight not lost on the Bechers' generation and one that motivated their rejection of the one-world, hearts-of-men model.’
- ‘There are other Rapture-tastic touches too, such as a one-world government and a one-world currency.’
- ‘His goal appears to favor a one-world government.’
- ‘Naïve young people who have never been exposed to religion embrace the UN's secular, one-world, brotherhood-of-man cant as a substitute.’
- ‘Dr. LaHaye also notes, ‘The Bible clearly teaches there's going to be a one-world government in the last days.’’
- ‘But Wonder's ingenuous one-world sentiments are apotheosized into truth by the strength of his melodic gifts (which haven't failed him yet) and a voice that's still sweet and grainy when it needs to be.’
- ‘Words and actions of one-world architects make it clear that they intend to shatter freedom and then remold the world to their collectivist heart's desire.’
- ‘But there is no guarantee that a one-world government will respect the laws, customs, and institutions of the traditional freedom-loving West.’
- ‘Despite the one-world, joyous jamboree atmosphere, there was also an artificiality, an aura of showbiz about the event that seemed to stifle anything truly authentic.’
- ‘This is because their secret agenda has always already been the creation of a one-world government - a New World Order - bypassing nations and creating a system or web from which there is no escape.’
- ‘I stated that we are being propelled toward a one-world despotism because of a powerful ‘collectivist curvature of the mind’ that took over our intellectuals starting back in the early 20th century.’
- ‘In keeping with Labour's global one-world vision, and on behalf of taxpayers, the Government is donating much of our tertiary education system to foreigners.’
- ‘Being young and prone to idealism, they perceive ‘political centralization and a one-world government’ to be an ideal just as the students in Marx's day mistook his ‘dictatorship of the proletariat’ as some sort of ideal.’
- ‘Rolled together, these bits of long-term economic data indicate that the country, is very slowly being forced into an open-border, one-world, economic quagmire.’
- ‘Third, I think it is vitally important to continually make clear that a one-world government would be antithetical to individual liberty - even a one-world government formed with the best of intentions.’
- ‘Expect more of these one-world combines to come online as corporations eagerly break their ties to any particular nation, trying to gain a global presence that's too big and too far flung for ‘we the people’ to have any control over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.