One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving, done, or operated by only one woman.
- ‘The two-minute Fringe-for-all promo for this show had three belly dancers, but in reality this seems to be a one-woman show.’
- ‘Her life offers an embarrassment of material for an entertaining one-woman show, but See How Beautiful I Am has all the character of a slug.’
- ‘She also has a gift for physically interpreting the words she speaks, which adds to the delightful humour of this one-woman show.’
- ‘Consequently sales for these oftentimes one-woman operations far exceed those at most other conventions.’
- ‘This is her second one-woman show at the Dunamaise Arts Centre.’
- ‘She was used to being a one-woman show from her earliest days, and for years efforts at carrying this through to adulthood were nurtured.’
- ‘Cheryl in particular is a one-woman headline machine.’
- ‘For now, the one-woman show has been enough, but someday Devangelis hopes to take on seamstresses to help relieve her aching fingers.’
- ‘I reach her in L.A. where she is performing Jimmy, the one-woman show she presents at Kaboom3 this week.’
- ‘As he watched her perform her one-woman show, The Speed of Darkness, in the 1990s, he found himself completely absorbed.’
- ‘The second set became a one-woman show as the 22-year-old Wukir outplayed her senior throughout.’
- ‘This one-woman band fiddled and jigged from Dent to Barrow to Bradford during her recent winter tour, bringing a smile to the faces of shoppers across the North.’
- ‘I've since replaced my one-woman show with an ensemble piece.’
- ‘Although famous and infamous before her Nobel, this one-woman cudgel has been embraced rather gingerly.’
- ‘However, Smith's one-woman Sound of Music medley was a showstopper, inspiring even my cynical self to join in lustily!’
- ‘Just concluded an enormously successful engagement, a one-woman show in New York's theater.’
- ‘She did a one-woman show of Joyce Grenfell monologues.’
- ‘Biokhraphia, a one-woman Lebanese theatre piece, and one of the Royal Bank Lates aimed at new audiences.’
- ‘It's a one-woman operation - the charming Singh bakes it all and sells it all herself.’
- ‘This one-woman show is a memoir of that time, with Arslanian coming to terms with both her ill health and her ill treatment by friends and family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.