One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of an electrical device or facility) able to be operated simply at or as though at the touch of a button.
- ‘You don't have to hold the button down until it fully folds down, it's a one-touch operation.’
- ‘There are one-touch electric front windows and they have a feature that prevents them closing on children's heads.’
- ‘The specification offers a panoramic electric sunroof, which is made up of two flush-fitting panels, one fixed the other moveable, and opened by a one-touch rotary electric switch.’
- ‘During our testing we found the one-touch buttons were a real time-saver.’
- ‘The 35306 has a one-touch pump providing for one-handed operation and eliminates spraying and splashing.’
- ‘The MX Duo also has a full-featured keyboard, complete with the additional F function keys and many one-touch buttons.’
- ‘Folding or opening new black, blue or grey multi-layer fabric roof is a one-touch operation, either via dash button or remote control.’
- ‘Isdn connection is optional and there are 100 speed dials and ten one-touch dials.’
- ‘The windows all have one-touch operation and they close automatically when it rains.’
- ‘The rear seats fold 60/40 and completely flat with a one-touch operation and there's no need to remove headrests, leaving a splendid load area.’
- ‘Nokia, by contrast, refuses to resell phones under the network operators, restricting itself to occasional tweaks such as, say, an extra button for one-touch access to Vodafone Live.’
- ‘The detail on the 350Z has gone into precision engineering, rather than cabin gimmicks like push button start up and one-touch indicators.’
- ‘Once arriving at a planet, the HUD appears with multiple shortcuts and one-touch buttons.’
- ‘It does not open, but does come with a one-touch electric shutter blind to protect those inside from the heat of the sun.’
- ‘A long list of standard equipment include power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, power windows with one-touch up/down operation and auto-dimming mirrors.’
- ‘Even non-working phones can be converted to provide a one-touch dial service to 999 and to receive incoming calls for extra reassurance.’
- ‘It isn't a small unit, but the Perfection's trio of one-touch buttons allow for quick operation.’
- ‘Dyson engineers also focused on designing a dustbin that would empty easily and hygienically, so the Telescope features a new one-touch trigger action that lets the user empty the bin without fuss or mess.’
- ‘There are the usual four one-touch buttons on the front of the PDA and below the screen.’
- ‘A twist knob in the center stack raises or lowers the window (with one-touch operation) or opens it as a vent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.