One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A face-to-face encounter.
- ‘Good grief, there are Scottish sportsmen and women who don't do one-to-ones.’
- ‘He's an excellent communicator with the lads - he'd be doing one-to-ones with them on the phone, meeting up with them.’
- ‘You can attend group therapy, as well as one-to-ones with a psychiatrist.’
- ‘What I can say is that he has worked hard on one-to-ones this month.’
- ‘It was enough to start a career that 10 years later would have her talking one-to-one to the leader of her adopted home.’
- ‘You have to feel for them: a couple of beers, then suddenly they're facing down a series of exuberantly delivered one-to-ones with some of the most sinister and surreal comic creations this side of The League Of Gentlemen.’
- ‘The one-to-ones at St. Thomas helped to revitalize relationships within the congregation.’
- ‘Firstly, Carroll is an unreliable waste-of-space who never turns up for things, is always surrounded by mates, and only engages in banter or is monosyllabic and unforthcoming in his one-to-ones with Allen.’
- ‘Brown will not be present at their one-to-ones.’
- ‘It's much more intensive than a normal pre-school and he really benefits from the one-to-one.’
- ‘He dreads the limelight, enjoys quiet one-to-ones with his players, and has won his remarkable reputation because of his superb organisation, obsessive attention to detail and the depth of affection he engenders with everyone he meets.’
- ‘We noticed that in a smaller school you have more of a one-to-one with the teachers, and the school is like a community.’
- ‘We do have team meetings but one-to-ones are a driving force of our business.’
- ‘Most of my day is then spent in meetings - board, audit or one-to-ones with senior executives.’
- ‘The school nurse could have a routine drop-in time in the school where there was an option of a one-to-one for the pupils to talk about issues that are bothering them.’
- ‘Furthermore, I was having a one-to-one with my trainee, and he had absolutely no right to interfere in that process.’
- ‘But Liquid News could make a daily appearance in a 15 minute compressed version on News 24, without all the guests and commentary - just the reports and live one-to-ones with the reporters.’
- ‘Lisa found herself being nominated to have a few one-to-ones with Nash, telling her she was toeing the line.’
- ‘At a one-to-one with a panel of cricketers on Sunday, the boys shot some questions which the professionals had a hard time answering.’
- ‘Maehul is being treated on the Sonrise programme which entails him having up to 25 hours a week of one-to-ones with volunteers in a specially adapted playroom at their home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.