Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting a process or procedure that can be completed with one click of a button on a computer mouse, touchpad, etc.‘more than six million songs are available for preview and one-click purchase’
- ‘They accept advertising from online casinos and display these ads to viewers in the U.S. - including an easy one-click link to place a bet.’
- ‘In addition, not all albums are offered in one-click form, even though all the songs from an album are there.’
- ‘The virtual image is then unmounted - a one-click function - and the system is rebooted back to the original OS.’
- ‘Everything to do with files and folders has been simplified to one-click tasks.’
- ‘Some displays offer a range of one-click adjustments that will optimize settings for uses such as text, games, or movies.’
- ‘One-click shopping and various friendly touches make it easy to complete transactions.’
- ‘With the same, one-click simplicity, you can clean your Internet usage information.’
- ‘Macro statements make checking answers and rerandomizing cells a simple 'one-click' process for the student.’
- ‘One-click shopping is probably the thing that distinguishes it from other places I can go to do the same transaction.’
- ‘My DVD collection bears the scars of late-night one-click impulse sessions.’
- ‘And don't bother with a credit card: It's all embedded in your one-click settings.’
- ‘Red, yellow and green lights provide a quick visual summary of hardware health and a tabbed window interface gives you one-click access to the details of each hardware subsystem.’
- ‘This program features simple database design, customized reports, and one-click Web publishing.’
- ‘With one-click unsubscribe, marketers need to work closely with publishers to deliver the right ad through the RSS channel.’
- ‘Simply provide your site URL and select a few optional settings and with one-click ease you will have a sitemap, ready to go.’
- ‘Everything that makes art compelling is blunted by the virtual, one-click world of the Net.’
- ‘In addition to remembering passwords and filling out forms, it offers one-click signups at new sites, an e-mail manager and universal search for shops and stocks.’
- ‘For one thing, the elegant, minimalist interface is wonderfully intuitive, offering one-click access to all the main features.’
- ‘It's light-weight, and fast-loading, and the process of adding DVDs to your queue is one-click simple.’
- ‘It has long enabled users to report spam, but this is the first time it has provided a one-click solution.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.