One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One is in disgrace or unpopular.‘if you forget their birthdays, your name is mud’
- ‘He likely realizes his name is mud around the Defense Department these days.’
- ‘Then along comes the county courthouse, talking about running up a $232 million tab, and all of a sudden your name is mud.’
- ‘I've got a load of cataloguing to do, then I'll be up all night unpacking the artifacts that had better arrive tomorrow or my name is mud.’
- ‘Listen to me young lady, if you don't bring those grades up by the next test or quiz in those subjects then your name is mud.’
- ‘I forgot to get him a little gift so now my name is mud.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.