Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A protein encoded by an oncogene which can cause the transformation of a cell into a tumor cell if introduced into it.
- ‘This suggests that the c-erb-b2 oncoprotein may possibly be involved in proliferative responses of pancreatic epithelium.’
- ‘It is considered a mechanism that can quantitatively regulate substrates such as cyclins, transcription factors, hormone nuclear receptors, and oncoproteins.’
- ‘The neoplasms were stained with use of the proliferation marker MIB - 1 and the cell cycle-related oncoproteins p53 and bcl - 2.’
- ‘Microwave antigen retrieval was used with cytokeratin and Bcl - 2 oncoprotein.’
- ‘Detection of IgG isotype reactivity with the E7 oncoproteins of HPV appears to reflect the effectiveness of the immune response against cervical cancers and their precursors.’
- ‘The E - 6 oncoprotein specifically inactivates wild type p53, and the E - 7 oncoprotein inactivates Rb.’
- ‘The determination of the two oncoproteins simultaneously, would provide some useful reference data: the higher the expressions are, the higher the severity of disease.’
- ‘Moreover, this method has the advantage of not needing to discover an inhibitor for every oncoprotein.’
- ‘Additionally, the transforming activities of DNA tumor virus oncoproteins are mediated via their interaction with RB1.’
- ‘The first group is represented by the c1 / pl1 family, whose members encode proteins with sequence homology to the tryptophan cluster, DNA-binding domain of MYB oncoproteins.’
- ‘The CGL1 cell line has functional p53 even though these cells express the E6 oncoprotein.’
- ‘What Hung and his team of researchers investigated was just how HBV results in accumulation and activation of the beta catenin oncoprotein.’
- ‘The respective antibodies were MIB - 1, DO - 7, and antihuman bcl - 2 oncoprotein clone 124.’
- ‘Free radicals like ROS, RNS and lipid peroxidation products such as Malondialdehyde have been shown to induce pressure of c-fos and c-jun oncoproteins.’
- ‘The tumor cells and nonneoplastic ectopic breast tissue were both negative for c-ErbB2 oncoprotein and carcinoembryonic antigen (Dako).’
- ‘The blood test measures circulating levels of the HER - 2 / neu oncoprotein to help oncologists treat patients with metastatic breast cancer.’
- ‘E7, the human papilloma virus oncoprotein, binds to S4 through the carboxy-terminal zinc-binding motif.’
- ‘Although both oncoproteins contain RARalpha genes, the t translocation is resistant to ATRA therapy.’
- ‘For patients with cervical cancer, interest has focused on the human papillomavirus oncoproteins, E6 and E7, with a human papillomavirus - 16 E7 peptide vaccine tested recently.’
- ‘Our study has shown a correlation between the two expressions of oncoproteins and tumor differentiation, recurrence as well as patient outcome.’
From onco- + protein.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.