Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A protein encoded by an oncogene which can cause the transformation of a cell into a tumor cell if introduced into it.
- ‘The CGL1 cell line has functional p53 even though these cells express the E6 oncoprotein.’
- ‘Although both oncoproteins contain RARalpha genes, the t translocation is resistant to ATRA therapy.’
- ‘Microwave antigen retrieval was used with cytokeratin and Bcl - 2 oncoprotein.’
- ‘The blood test measures circulating levels of the HER - 2 / neu oncoprotein to help oncologists treat patients with metastatic breast cancer.’
- ‘The E - 6 oncoprotein specifically inactivates wild type p53, and the E - 7 oncoprotein inactivates Rb.’
- ‘Detection of IgG isotype reactivity with the E7 oncoproteins of HPV appears to reflect the effectiveness of the immune response against cervical cancers and their precursors.’
- ‘Free radicals like ROS, RNS and lipid peroxidation products such as Malondialdehyde have been shown to induce pressure of c-fos and c-jun oncoproteins.’
- ‘The respective antibodies were MIB - 1, DO - 7, and antihuman bcl - 2 oncoprotein clone 124.’
- ‘This suggests that the c-erb-b2 oncoprotein may possibly be involved in proliferative responses of pancreatic epithelium.’
- ‘The tumor cells and nonneoplastic ectopic breast tissue were both negative for c-ErbB2 oncoprotein and carcinoembryonic antigen (Dako).’
- ‘E7, the human papilloma virus oncoprotein, binds to S4 through the carboxy-terminal zinc-binding motif.’
- ‘The first group is represented by the c1 / pl1 family, whose members encode proteins with sequence homology to the tryptophan cluster, DNA-binding domain of MYB oncoproteins.’
- ‘Moreover, this method has the advantage of not needing to discover an inhibitor for every oncoprotein.’
- ‘It is considered a mechanism that can quantitatively regulate substrates such as cyclins, transcription factors, hormone nuclear receptors, and oncoproteins.’
- ‘For patients with cervical cancer, interest has focused on the human papillomavirus oncoproteins, E6 and E7, with a human papillomavirus - 16 E7 peptide vaccine tested recently.’
- ‘The determination of the two oncoproteins simultaneously, would provide some useful reference data: the higher the expressions are, the higher the severity of disease.’
- ‘What Hung and his team of researchers investigated was just how HBV results in accumulation and activation of the beta catenin oncoprotein.’
- ‘The neoplasms were stained with use of the proliferation marker MIB - 1 and the cell cycle-related oncoproteins p53 and bcl - 2.’
- ‘Our study has shown a correlation between the two expressions of oncoproteins and tumor differentiation, recurrence as well as patient outcome.’
- ‘Additionally, the transforming activities of DNA tumor virus oncoproteins are mediated via their interaction with RB1.’
From onco- + protein.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.