One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a work of art) being shown or exhibited to the public.
on display, on exhibition, on showView synonyms
- ‘This long-overlooked painter is the subject of an exhibition currently on view in New York.’
- ‘A very impressive photographic exhibition is currently on view at Tubbercurry Community Library.’
- ‘The exhibits went on view yesterday afternoon in advance of the auction at 7.30 pm.’
- ‘The latest model from that range was put on view to the public.’
- ‘Two exhibitions currently on view in London are devoted to Madame de Pompadour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.