Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of a work of art) being shown or exhibited to the public.
on display, on exhibition, on showdisplayed, showingView synonyms
- ‘The latest model from that range was put on view to the public.’
- ‘Two exhibitions currently on view in London are devoted to Madame de Pompadour.’
- ‘The exhibits went on view yesterday afternoon in advance of the auction at 7.30 pm.’
- ‘A very impressive photographic exhibition is currently on view at Tubbercurry Community Library.’
- ‘This long-overlooked painter is the subject of an exhibition currently on view in New York.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.