One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Happy and elated.
- ‘I felt on top of the world because I felt that I had achieved what I wanted to.’
- ‘Maybe it was because of the setting, but I really felt on top of the world.’
- ‘A Newry girl is on top of the world after being selected for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.’
- ‘If your child gets through in the test, of course you feel on top of the world.’
- ‘For a short time, he felt on top of the world.’
- ‘When the day in question finally arrived, I was dressed in a business suit and felt on top of the world.’
- ‘Not that I want to lie and pretend I'm on top of the world, but if I could just wait a little longer perhaps I'll find something positive to write.’
- ‘Any time you win a tournament at that age, you feel on top of the world.’
- ‘We entered the gym in fear and trepidation and left feeling tired but on top of the world.’
- ‘He said he was on top of the world after clinching the World Superbike Championship days after the birth of his first child.’
- ‘But once upon a time, she was on top of the world, until her addictions seemed to get the better of her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.