One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Happy and elated.
- ‘If your child gets through in the test, of course you feel on top of the world.’
- ‘He said he was on top of the world after clinching the World Superbike Championship days after the birth of his first child.’
- ‘But once upon a time, she was on top of the world, until her addictions seemed to get the better of her.’
- ‘I felt on top of the world because I felt that I had achieved what I wanted to.’
- ‘When the day in question finally arrived, I was dressed in a business suit and felt on top of the world.’
- ‘We entered the gym in fear and trepidation and left feeling tired but on top of the world.’
- ‘A Newry girl is on top of the world after being selected for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.’
- ‘For a short time, he felt on top of the world.’
- ‘Maybe it was because of the setting, but I really felt on top of the world.’
- ‘Not that I want to lie and pretend I'm on top of the world, but if I could just wait a little longer perhaps I'll find something positive to write.’
- ‘Any time you win a tournament at that age, you feel on top of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.