One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It isn't often that tough races like this are won in such style, but Deerpark scored in a manner which would indicate he is rapidly on the upgrade.’
- ‘Frankies Dream's credentials are less obvious, although he is clearly on the upgrade.’
- ‘Certainly, he looked a horse rapidly on the upgrade at Leopardstown at Christmas.’
- ‘Alec Stewart's filly, still very much on the upgrade after only three races, boasts an excellent chance of doubling her score under Richard Hills.’
- ‘Already proven on this course, Manbow went down fighting at Sandown last time in a performance which confirmed him to be still on the upgrade.’
- ‘The six-year-old has won his last two races in the style of a reformed character and his five lengths success over Rudi's Pleasure at Cheltenham last time confirmed him to be a horse on the upgrade.’
- ‘Still on the upgrade, Lets Roll should relish tomorrow's extra furlong.’
- ‘This horse, still on the upgrade, will not be beaten without a fight.’
- ‘The horse, however, is on the upgrade and has to be supported.’
- ‘But preference is for Shackleton, who looked to be rapidly on the upgrade when cruising to a 12 lengths victory at Clonmel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.