One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to ascribe responsibility for something to someone.‘there was a series of errors on my part’
by, made by, done by, carried out by, caused by, from, in, ofView synonyms
- ‘My initial instinct is to take her side, but that's fairly obviously just a knee-jerk response on my part.’
- ‘The Institute concede there was an error on their part, but insist the athlete must bear some responsibility too.’
- ‘I think it was good to promote safe and responsible drinking on their part.’
- ‘You definitely deserved some of it, but a lot of it was error on my part, and I'm sorry.’
- ‘It transpires that it was a clerical error on their part - obviously - and a huge one too.’
- ‘There was very little mind reading required on my part as to what was going on, and he made space for us to do a family outing as well.’
- ‘So there is a bit of responsibility on my part not to treat it as a gimmick.’
- ‘But it was a major error on their part to attack the U.N. It does show they are getting desperate.’
- ‘Similarly there is a responsibility on the part of the walker to honour the deal.’
- ‘In retrospect, it's clear that we regarded that as an error on their part.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.