One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
While working; at work.
- ‘Factories often force employees to work overtime or stay on the job for weeks without a day off.’
- ‘We weren't the most dedicated employees, so we did a bit of learning on the job.’
- ‘Wong said every government employee should stay on the job and serve the public.’
- ‘Pixo gives their new employees a vacation in Hawaii for their first week on the job.’
- ‘Six years into its tenure, this is a government that gives the impression of learning on the job.’
- ‘The only way to increase the margins of auditing is to send the most junior people on the job and wrap it up quick.’
- ‘CNN reports on a Coca Cola employee who was allegedly fired for drinking Pepsi while on the job.’
- ‘William Burke was a New York firefighter who died on the job at the World Trade Center.’
- ‘Eichmann was adept at learning practical skills on the job, under the tutelage of seniors he respected.’
- ‘One of the requirements in the programmes is that employees wear earmuffs on the job.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.