One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a place where real, practical work is done.‘the troops on the ground are cynical’
- ‘This has left a policy that is confused in its message, and unworkable on the ground.’
- ‘They are the ones who can really drive change on the ground, and make a difference.’
- ‘If there was a clear sense of nervousness in the air, it was tangible on the ground.’
- ‘We may have a political peace process, but on the ground there is still a war psychology.’
- ‘Once he got his boots dirty and spoke to farmers and people on the ground, he was not sure.’
- ‘He appears to have been caught out by not monitoring what was happening on the ground.’
- ‘These were the people on the ground who checked on the state of our streets and open spaces.’
- ‘The boxes will be distributed on the ground by a Rotary Club near to the disaster area.’
- ‘It can then be guided by an operator on the ground with the aid of the live video link to screens on the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.