One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a place where real, practical work is done.‘the troops on the ground are cynical’
- ‘We may have a political peace process, but on the ground there is still a war psychology.’
- ‘Once he got his boots dirty and spoke to farmers and people on the ground, he was not sure.’
- ‘This has left a policy that is confused in its message, and unworkable on the ground.’
- ‘The boxes will be distributed on the ground by a Rotary Club near to the disaster area.’
- ‘These were the people on the ground who checked on the state of our streets and open spaces.’
- ‘He appears to have been caught out by not monitoring what was happening on the ground.’
- ‘They are the ones who can really drive change on the ground, and make a difference.’
- ‘It can then be guided by an operator on the ground with the aid of the live video link to screens on the ground.’
- ‘If there was a clear sense of nervousness in the air, it was tangible on the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.