One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As a good aspect of the situation.‘on the credit side, the text is highly readable’
- ‘This accomplishment is ever so much on the credit side of his ledger.’
- ‘Poor decisions cost the Town a Mid-Ulster Cup final place but on the credit side, Newry's battling performance augurs well for their hopes of staying in the Premier league.’
- ‘Farrelly will be out for another fortnight with a hamstring injury but, on the credit side, Ricardo Gardner returned to action as a sub on Saturday.’
- ‘The last item on the credit side of the ledger requires some blunt talk.’
- ‘There is one thing that without a doubt belongs on the credit side.’
- ‘On the credit side of the balance sheet, the main difference is in the recognition of anticipated liabilities.’
- ‘In fact White made seven unforced errors by this writer's count, but on the credit side he hit eight nicks in the first game, six in the second and six in the third.’
- ‘Let's balance up the ledger because drug companies seem to evoke irrational responses despite the fact that, on the credit side of the ledger, modern medicines have led a revolution in improving the health of millions.’
- ‘Cork have yet to produce their best form, Cunningham agrees, but, on the credit side, the team has shown in different games that they are still capable of reaching the heights.’
- ‘Dunlavin were short one of the stars of the All-Ireland JFC win, Stephen Miley, but on the credit side Paul Allen came on in the second half to play his first championship football of the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.