One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On the right track.
- ‘By and large, SRI's survey was right on the beam.’
- ‘Neil Patel's set makes the most of the small Playwrights Horizons stage, Kaye Voyce's costumes look suitably lived in, and Frances Aronson's lighting is on the beam.’
- ‘We were on the beam all the way, and passed to the side of the temporary field built by Wilkinson by approximately half a mile.’
- ‘Rather, the title was a tribute to Bhardwaj's dedication, the way she basically overcame physical and financial difficulty to stay on the beam, so to speak.’
- ‘And when we come back we'll also have Katie on the beam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.