One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So far as that (or this) is concerned.‘my priority was to blend new faces into the team and we have succeeded on that score’
on that subject, on this subject, as far as that is concerned, as far as that was concerned, as far as this is concerned, as far as this was concerned, so far as that is concerned, so far as that was concerned, so far as this is concerned, so far as this was concerned, in that respect, in this respect, about that, about this, on that matter, on this matter, as regards that, as regards thisView synonyms
- ‘They're sensitive to anything - I don't want to say sensitive to a fault, but I think you'd be very, very proud of them, particularly on this score.’
- ‘And it is on this score that more candor may be required.’
- ‘All this elaborate housing would still be neat, but nonetheless inconsequential, if it didn't match the music it housed, though, and on that score, it succeeds again.’
- ‘Beaverbrook, who freely admitted running his newspapers for propaganda, had no cause for concern on that score.’
- ‘There are several reasons for doubts on this score.’
- ‘But even political columnists are bound by ordinary rules of inference and logic, and it is on this score that her book fails even more spectacularly.’
- ‘Past history has influenced our perspective on this score, and we would be delighted to be proven wrong.’
- ‘It appears that we need to find a happy medium on this score - one that will ensure the non-exploitation of workers, while at the same time not inhibiting new or emergent business in a country that needs to generate employment.’
- ‘And there are several people who defend them on this score.’
- ‘I was able to ameliorate her concerns on that score and she relaxed, but just a bit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.