One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recorded on magnetic tape.
- ‘Historians and anthropologists have recorded many of these men's stories on tape.’
- ‘For example, a patient may be asked to record their worst fears on tape and listen to them repeatedly until their effect is lessened.’
- ‘The author tells us that she recorded these tales on tape in the evenings after the day's labour when people would gather to chat.’
- ‘There was no conscious decision to make the record sound old, though I did record it on tape at a studio that has a lot of old gear.’
- ‘Funnier still it's all on tape as we were recording the rehearsal.’
- ‘We later find out that nothing but our own voices are recorded on tape.’
- ‘Finally, after a week of storytelling, going back and forth, we were ready to set it all on tape.’
- ‘What's more, you can rewind and fast-forward as if they had all be recorded on tape.’
- ‘The riskiest anthology I ever made was a selection of poems about death that I recorded on tape for a kinswoman who was dying.’
- ‘In hiding in Argentina in the mid 1950s, Eichmann recorded on tape his recollections of these final days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.