One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
After having eaten (or having not eaten)‘I think better on a full stomach’
- ‘On the subject of when is the best time to exercise, Chris feels that for cardio work, the best time is in the morning on an empty stomach, if your intention is to burn body fat.’
- ‘These days I take five pills a day, but at one point I was on about 20-some of which could only be taken with fatty food and others on an empty stomach.’
- ‘I picked up my silverware, knowing full well that every great expeditioning dilemma is best contemplated on a full stomach.’
- ‘But I hadn't eaten, and I know better to drink three cosmos on an empty stomach.’
- ‘It's hard to march against hunger on an empty stomach.’
- ‘The dose must be administered in the morning on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.’
- ‘The water should be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach.’
- ‘Everyone knows you can't read a book on an empty stomach.’
- ‘A couple ended up being three, which wasn't that much, but on an empty stomach and in addition to a lack of sleep, I was a little gone.’
- ‘I have to take it on an empty stomach to make it work properly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.