One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a restricted amount of money.‘we're traveling on a budget’
- ‘Vacationers on a budget can find lodgings and activities that will fit within their price range, too.’
- ‘If you're on a budget, go on a Wednesday afternoon, when the gallery is open well into the evening and entrance is half price from 3pm.’
- ‘The shop sells some of the best fake jewellery anywhere, enabling you to look spectacular on a budget.’
- ‘Feeding a family healthy food in minutes can often seem like mission impossible, especially when you're on a budget.’
- ‘Immediately we hopped on a public bus, a sure-fire way to see a city on a budget.’
- ‘No charge for this tip particularly if you come to Rio on a budget.’
- ‘The bottom line is both stores offer good value if you're feeding a family on a budget - especially if you shop carefully and look for the best deals.’
- ‘The downside is they don't have a ‘search by price’ which would be very useful, if you're on a budget.’
- ‘The team, who have christened themselves the Can Cook Will Cook gang, are learning how to cook simple, healthy meals on a budget.’
- ‘Adobe masonry is heavy work, so limiting the square footage of the adobe walls is important to building on a budget.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.