A track cycling competition consisting of a number of contests of different types, both races and time trials.
- ‘Australia's Glenn O'Shea took the lead in the men's Omnium after the individual pursuit on Sunday but a handful of riders are within striking distance with two events to come.’
- ‘Before the omnium, Trott promised her sister she would buy her a car if she won a second gold.’
- ‘Interesting and obscure sports like the omnium and the steeplechase might finally get their due, not to mention insanely popular but strangely neglected ones like soccer.’
- ‘British success also continued in the velodrome when Ed Clancy won bronze in the men's omnium.’
- ‘The Omnium, a six-discipline event, concludes on Sunday with the 15km scratch race and the 1km time trial.’
1940s: Latin, literally of all.