One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Oman or its people.‘a traditional Omani coffee pot’
- ‘The Omani petrochemical industry is emerging as a major player in the Gulf Cooperation Council.’
- ‘Sailing is a vital part of Omani history.’
- ‘Our company is relatively new in Oman, but we've already built a workforce that is 70-percent Omani.’
- ‘Storytelling is an integral part of Omani life.’
- ‘We have another suggestion for a place to visit during Eid - the Omani city of Salalah.’
- ‘We are a proud Omani company and hope to drive the country's progress as well as our own by looking at the bigger picture.’
A native or inhabitant of Oman.‘sea shantys have been sung throughout the sea-faring Omanis' history’
- ‘They won twice against the Qatari team and lost twice against the Omanis.’
- ‘The company employs about 355 people, of whom 95% are Omanis.’
- ‘The Omanis took the lead and we never managed to catch them.’
- ‘I am very proud to be representing my country as a woman and as an Omani.’
- ‘He said he was looking forward to the final in Brazil after a great season with a fellow Omani onboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.