Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of a dusky yellowish green color; olive green.
- ‘At one time there were three accepted records of Olivaceous Warbler from Portland, however after review they were all rejected - the last in May 1999.’
- ‘Removing two other birds - an olivaceous warbler and a yellow-vented bulbul - from the 30-foot-long net, he heads for his base of operations: a folding card table in the middle of a weedy lot.’
- ‘The positive samples contained intact, determinate conidiophores, which varied in color between colorless and brown, and swollen phialides (colorless to brown) with 1-celled dark olivaceous spores were present.’
- ‘One of them was an Icterine warbler the other was some other nondescript type of Hippolais species, possibly an olivaceous warbler.’
- ‘The Olivaceous Woodcreeper is distributed from Mexico through Central America and into most of tropical and sub-tropical South America.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.