One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A peptide whose molecules contain a relatively small number of amino-acid residues.
- ‘The other three proteins studied-the lipid-anchored oligopeptide binding protein OppA, the oligopeptide translocator complex OppBCDF, and the secondary lactose transporter LacS-were found to be less stable.’
- ‘However, this may not be the case for oligopeptides such as EAK16 because of their relatively weak intrachain interactions.’
- ‘These values can be used to estimate the total time to calculate free energies for oligopeptides of larger protein systems.’
- ‘A striking manifestation of this phenomena is the ability to grow crystalline solid-state structures from a solution of cyclic elastin-like oligopeptides by heating.’
- ‘The multi-subunit oligopeptide ABC transporter OppABCDF could be stabilized during dehydration by the addition of 100 mg sucrose/g of lipid.’
- ‘These zinc-dependent endoproteases may act on a large number of substrates, or they may be highly specific, targeting only one or a few proteins or oligopeptides.’
- ‘The analysis of the free energy of these oligopeptides therefore requires efficient methods for locating not only the global minimum energy structure but also large numbers of low energy conformers.’
- ‘Isolation and characterization of a group of oligopeptides related to oxidized glutathione from the root of Panax ginseng.’
- ‘This nonspecific binding is similar to the behavior displayed by other cationic DNA-binding ligands such as cationic oligopeptides and polyamines.’
- ‘Similar values for equilibrium constants have been reported for nonspecific binding of cationic oligopeptides to DNA.’
- ‘Aminopeptidases and oligopeptidases in the cytosol may cleave oligopeptides into free amino acids.’
- ‘The question arises whether the theoretical concept can be extended to analyze oligopeptides with more than two peptide groups.’
- ‘Endopeptidases play key roles in storage protein degradation, producing oligopeptides.’
- ‘The bounds are extracted from the set of low free energy conformers identified for oligopeptides representing these loop residue segments.’
- ‘We have shown that single-molecule properties have a critical influence on the self-assembly of charged oligopeptides.’
- ‘The LMWCr oligopeptide is composed of cysteine, glutamate, aspartate, and glycine.’
- ‘By analogy, biomaterials like proteins and self-assembling oligopeptides may have a critical aggregation concentration based on their amphiphilic structures.’
- ‘The major computational expense for the [alpha] helix prediction stage involves the calculation of accurate solvation and ionization energies for a subset of the overall oligopeptides.’
- ‘Recently, however, several groups have studied systems of several to dozens of oligopeptides at atomic resolutions using computer simulations.’
- ‘Longer chains containing a few amino acids are often called oligopeptides or polypeptides if they contain as many as 50.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.