One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polynucleotide whose molecules contain a relatively small number of nucleotides.
- ‘One important application is gene therapy, where it is necessary to deliver a gene or a synthetic oligonucleotide into the cell.’
- ‘The proper orientation and the sequence of the cloned oligonucleotides were checked by nucleotide sequencing.’
- ‘The peptides can be linked to a large protein or an oligonucleotide, which may then be carried through the cell membrane.’
- ‘In apoptosis, DNA is degraded into oligonucleotides with a few hundreds of basepairs that subsequently diffuse out of the nucleus.’
- ‘This problem would be enhanced using arrays composed of long oligonucleotides since only RNAs whose protected regions overlap with the oligo sequence would be identified.’
- ‘The unzipping direction (order of nucleotides unzipped) was controlled by the selection of oligonucleotides.’
- ‘The purity of the double-stranded oligonucleotides was confirmed by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The unmodified polynucleotides may be DNA, RNA or synthesized oligonucleotides.’
- ‘Probes are typically fairly short sequences of DNA nucleotides, called oligonucleotides, made synthetically.’
- ‘Liposomal formulations of genetic drugs such as antisense oligonucleotides and plasmid DNA are difficult to achieve.’
- ‘Creation and purification of the double-labeled oligonucleotide is synthetically demanding.’
- ‘These studies demonstrate that pre-existing cytosine methylation on oligonucleotides…’
- ‘We have been examining the potential use of oligonucleotides to direct nucleotide exchanges in episomal and chromosomal genes.’
- ‘In vitro studies on novel DNA structures have mainly involved synthetic oligonucleotides based on naturally occurring sequences.’
- ‘Intermolecular tetrameric complexes are usually only formed by short oligonucleotides that contain single tracts of contiguous guanines.’
- ‘On single-stranded oligonucleotides, all the guanines are oxidized to the same extent.’
- ‘The latter is generally restricted to oligonucleotides but offers higher specificity.’
- ‘The latter is conjugated to primer oligonucleotides that are pre-annealed to a complementary circular oligonucleotide.’
- ‘This was followed minutes later by the injection of the oligonucleotide complementary to the DNA strand immobilized on sphere S2.’
- ‘For single bulges in RNA oligonucleotides, the conformation usually depends on the nature of the flanking base pairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.