One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polynucleotide whose molecules contain a relatively small number of nucleotides.
- ‘On single-stranded oligonucleotides, all the guanines are oxidized to the same extent.’
- ‘Probes are typically fairly short sequences of DNA nucleotides, called oligonucleotides, made synthetically.’
- ‘The proper orientation and the sequence of the cloned oligonucleotides were checked by nucleotide sequencing.’
- ‘In vitro studies on novel DNA structures have mainly involved synthetic oligonucleotides based on naturally occurring sequences.’
- ‘The unzipping direction (order of nucleotides unzipped) was controlled by the selection of oligonucleotides.’
- ‘Creation and purification of the double-labeled oligonucleotide is synthetically demanding.’
- ‘We have been examining the potential use of oligonucleotides to direct nucleotide exchanges in episomal and chromosomal genes.’
- ‘The latter is conjugated to primer oligonucleotides that are pre-annealed to a complementary circular oligonucleotide.’
- ‘These studies demonstrate that pre-existing cytosine methylation on oligonucleotides…’
- ‘The unmodified polynucleotides may be DNA, RNA or synthesized oligonucleotides.’
- ‘This was followed minutes later by the injection of the oligonucleotide complementary to the DNA strand immobilized on sphere S2.’
- ‘For single bulges in RNA oligonucleotides, the conformation usually depends on the nature of the flanking base pairs.’
- ‘The purity of the double-stranded oligonucleotides was confirmed by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘In apoptosis, DNA is degraded into oligonucleotides with a few hundreds of basepairs that subsequently diffuse out of the nucleus.’
- ‘This problem would be enhanced using arrays composed of long oligonucleotides since only RNAs whose protected regions overlap with the oligo sequence would be identified.’
- ‘The peptides can be linked to a large protein or an oligonucleotide, which may then be carried through the cell membrane.’
- ‘The latter is generally restricted to oligonucleotides but offers higher specificity.’
- ‘One important application is gene therapy, where it is necessary to deliver a gene or a synthetic oligonucleotide into the cell.’
- ‘Liposomal formulations of genetic drugs such as antisense oligonucleotides and plasmid DNA are difficult to achieve.’
- ‘Intermolecular tetrameric complexes are usually only formed by short oligonucleotides that contain single tracts of contiguous guanines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.