- ‘It also may harm processes of the oligodendroglia, cells found in the central nervous system that form the myelin sheath protecting the axon, a component of nerve cells.’
- ‘The relationship of such nerve fibers to oligodendroglia in the central nervous system is not quite so intimate.’
- ‘The astrocytes will stain with glial fibrillary acid protein, the oligodendroglia - like cells with S100 but not with glial fibrillary acid protein, and the neurons with synaptophysin and/or neurofilament.’
- ‘No Lewy bodies were identified; however, ubiquitin-positive glial cytoplasmic inclusions were identified in striatal and nigral oligodendroglia.’
- ‘As in herpes encephalitis, the inclusions in SSPE may be found in neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendroglia.’
1920s: from oligo- few + dendro- branching + a shortened form of neuroglia.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.