One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lithographic print textured to resemble an oil painting.
- ‘Local art was then being influenced by the lithographs, oleographs and photographs arriving from England.’
- ‘The size of the prints tended to be smaller than that of the oleographs.’
- ‘It also includes a number of oleographs (prints made to resemble oil paintings).’
- ‘One envisages, basically, a Victorian oleograph; the mild-eyed, haloed and bearded one amidst a trusting, wooly flock which cluster round the holy knees in a sweet and adoring manner.’
- ‘Naturally, art aficionados and collectors are not far behind: the rush is now on for old cinema posters and stills, as it was, and one supposes still is, for this artist's oleographs and prints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.