Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A chemical compound derived industrially from animal or vegetable oils or fats.
- ‘Other bit part players in the beauty industry include ICI (LSE: ICI), whose Uniqema division manufactures oleochemicals and surfactants for products such as skin creams.’
- ‘Laurate is the key raw material used in the manufacture of soap, detergent, food, oleochemical, and personal care products.’
- ‘Domas president said recently that his company had secured a loan worth almost US $79 million from Bank Mandiri in 2002 to finance its 74-hectare oleochemical plant in Kuala Tandjung, North Sumatra.’
- ‘This tends to make these oils suitable for edible use and only of limited value as oleochemicals.’
- ‘In the UK, for instance, Petrofina's offices in Epsom, Surrey, have been closed and the oleochemical operations sold.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.