One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical compound derived industrially from animal or vegetable oils or fats.
- ‘Other bit part players in the beauty industry include ICI (LSE: ICI), whose Uniqema division manufactures oleochemicals and surfactants for products such as skin creams.’
- ‘Laurate is the key raw material used in the manufacture of soap, detergent, food, oleochemical, and personal care products.’
- ‘In the UK, for instance, Petrofina's offices in Epsom, Surrey, have been closed and the oleochemical operations sold.’
- ‘This tends to make these oils suitable for edible use and only of limited value as oleochemicals.’
- ‘Domas president said recently that his company had secured a loan worth almost US $79 million from Bank Mandiri in 2002 to finance its 74-hectare oleochemical plant in Kuala Tandjung, North Sumatra.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.