One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When she started to climb, each stair creaked with oldness.’
- ‘I was thinking about oldness and how it shouldn't really be measured by physical age.’
- ‘His opponents on the ultra-left demand we save our party from newness and demand a return to an oldness that never really existed anyway.’
- ‘At 103 years of age, though, Mr. Murray described him as frail by oldness.’
- ‘I just like the atmosphere inside churches, and the oldness of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.