One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of any of various religious groups that have separated from the Roman Catholic Church since the Reformation, especially over the tenets of papal primacy and infallibility.
- ‘One of the most fruitful bilateral dialogues has been with the Old Catholics.’
- ‘The Old Catholics split with the Roman Catholic Church in 1870 over papal infallibility.’
- ‘By the way, do note that the good bishop is an Old Catholic.’
- ‘These responses, indeed, have been very painful to the Orthodox, especially in regard to the Old Catholics and Anglicans.’
- ‘The Old Catholic broke from Rome after Vatican I because they thought the dogma of papal infallibility was too big a development of doctrine.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.