One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The sanitized old-fashionedness of the design gives the paper just a whiff of authenticity, like old books scattered around a stage set.’
- ‘He cut through the seeming dryness of the piece, the old-fashionedness, and made it totally available to a new audience.’
- ‘Once again, the family's suspicion of the operations of the modem credit economy is seen as quaint and old-fashioned - and that old-fashionedness is valorized.’
- ‘It has a sort of transcendent old-fashionedness, as though the music of the future had travelled back in time.’
- ‘It is fairly extraordinary in this day and age - almost baroque in its old-fashionedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.