An instrument for measuring electrical resistance.
- ‘They found ‘an ohmmeter, a rheostat, a condenser, and a magnetic interrupter’ but found nothing in the machine that could either read or send energy waves as Abrams had been claiming.’
- ‘Using an ohmmeter, it was determined that the three different LEDs are connected to the first three pins of port 1 on the main controller chip.’
- ‘Checking a shorted part's easy: Just connect an ohmmeter, and if it never charges up to an open circuit, then it's either leaky or shorted.’
- ‘I use my ohmmeter frequently to check the continuity of circuits and to measure resistance in spark plug wires.’
- ‘You can test this part with a continuity tester or an ohmmeter.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.