One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring electrical resistance.
- ‘They found ‘an ohmmeter, a rheostat, a condenser, and a magnetic interrupter’ but found nothing in the machine that could either read or send energy waves as Abrams had been claiming.’
- ‘I use my ohmmeter frequently to check the continuity of circuits and to measure resistance in spark plug wires.’
- ‘Using an ohmmeter, it was determined that the three different LEDs are connected to the first three pins of port 1 on the main controller chip.’
- ‘You can test this part with a continuity tester or an ohmmeter.’
- ‘Checking a shorted part's easy: Just connect an ohmmeter, and if it never charges up to an open circuit, then it's either leaky or shorted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.