One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In its preference for elaborate geometric figures, ogival forms, and complex molding, the Netherlandish Gothic of the sixteenth century differs even from that of the mid-fifteenth century.’
- ‘The tabernacles framing the niche, for instance, are formed by bells whose contours define inverted ogival trefoils.’
- ‘The side piers carry a variation of this figure, a single ogival arch enclosed in a teardrop.’
- ‘Gothic architecture has a particular look: the pointed or ogival arch, ribbed vaults, rose windows, towers, and tremendous height in the nave, supported by flying buttresses.’
- ‘The most distinctive part of the reliquary is its cupola, a small ogival crystal vault divided into six sections by ribs decorated with crockets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.