One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printed copy of an article that originally appeared as part of a larger publication.
copy, reproduction, duplicate, photocopy, mimeograph, mimeo, replica, likeness, carbon, carbon copy, print, reprint, imageView synonyms
- ‘I found that I have a few other offprints of earlier articles of mine, sitting there uselessly on the shelf.’
- ‘We sent offprints, made phone calls, and met many summers and some winters.’
- ‘The room bore unmistakable traces of them - a framed mathematical journal offprint, a stereo cluttered with worn, sleeveless records.’
- ‘A similar bound collection of offprints can be found in the University of Toronto Archives.’
- ‘They signed up for two copies of the book and ordered an additional two hundred offprints of the lithographic view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.