One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet, the student organisations sought to give it an air of officiousness by claiming that the decision to withdraw the stir would be taken at their executive committee meetings.’
- ‘From the numerous calls and contacts I have had, there are many other victims of mistaken intransigence and officiousness involving private security firms.’
- ‘There's no stuffiness about him, nor any of the officiousness or snobbery that one might expect from a man in his position.’
- ‘For those who have experienced officialdom, and for that matter officiousness, there are levels of irony in that poster.’
- ‘The real problem with referees is the epic self-importance of a fairly large minority of them, their strutting officiousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.