One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Stunned by the cultural assumptions of this re-christening, Tseng became Kwong Chi in his photographs, posing with phony officialism in front of famous landmarks.’
- ‘In this regard, bureaucratic officialism legitimates and disguises power relationships, and engaged ethnography is well suited to penetrate its hard surface.’
- ‘Actually, to delay reporting about disasters is almost a tradition here, partly because of officialism and localism.’
- ‘He is a victim of the nation's school system and is steeped in unemotional officialism.’
- ‘It is alarming that surgeries are bogged down by farcical officialism and red tape, instead of leaving medical staff to use their own discretion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.