One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is a victim of the nation's school system and is steeped in unemotional officialism.’
- ‘Stunned by the cultural assumptions of this re-christening, Tseng became Kwong Chi in his photographs, posing with phony officialism in front of famous landmarks.’
- ‘Actually, to delay reporting about disasters is almost a tradition here, partly because of officialism and localism.’
- ‘It is alarming that surgeries are bogged down by farcical officialism and red tape, instead of leaving medical staff to use their own discretion.’
- ‘In this regard, bureaucratic officialism legitimates and disguises power relationships, and engaged ethnography is well suited to penetrate its hard surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.