One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The officials in an organization or government department, considered as a group.‘his many encounters with officialdom and bureaucracy’‘the union officialdom has extended its hand to the government’
- ‘A family without a representative in officialdom lacked protection for its wealth and privileges.’
- ‘Officialdom decides to employ their minions to deride the credibility of all who oppose them.’
- ‘Nobody in global officialdom seems willing to do anything about it.’
- ‘They were sure that officialdom would now take notice of their concerns.’
- ‘Officialdom tends to scoff at these claims.’
- ‘Initially, officialdom was concerned with military requirements.’
- ‘Entrepreneurs who make sure they cultivate links with officialdom have been welcomed.’
- ‘He also thinks the country's officialdom is masterful at manipulation.’
- ‘Their only flaw is adherence to officialdom.’
- ‘It takes a long time for officialdom to realise that the supply needs to be improved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.