One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where a number of office buildings are built together on landscaped grounds.
- ‘Part of the business plan was the $4 billion ‘Multimedia Super Corridor,’ centered around Cyberjaya, an office park tailored to high-tech companies.’
- ‘The wider road will give easy access to the government office park and will link up the northern industrial area with the Central Business District.’
- ‘Her mother pulled into the parking lot of a white vinyl-sided office park and turned off the engine.’
- ‘Such developments are marketed to small businesses and professionals who decide to buy offices, rather than lease, in multi-unit buildings that are grouped within an office park.’
- ‘The Bangalore office, in a new office park that also houses IBM and Dell, has room for 500 employees.’
- ‘The personal computer giant has leased a 5,110 square metre building at the office park in Loughlinstown for research and development purposes since 2000.’
- ‘Unmarked buildings such as one data center in an unremarkable office park near the airport serve as insurance against both terrorist assault and natural disasters.’
- ‘Its headquarters in a drab office park in Redwood City, Calif., sit empty but for a lone former executive dealing with financial odds-and-ends.’
- ‘This new, state-of-the-art treatment centre will be located in Mountrath at the new office park on the Castletown Road and will serve the entire county.’
- ‘The company is developing a huge office park near Madrid airport, which would be its biggest development in Europe to date.’
- ‘On Saturdays the office park in which it sits is deserted and I don't feel self-conscious about wading in the weeds with a camera.’
- ‘The retail building will be developed after the first phase of the office park is completed this fall, he said.’
- ‘Then a scandal erupted over its new $350 million headquarters, hidden in plain view in a Virginia office park.’
- ‘It's a design best suited for a suburban office park, of course, but the Post waxes rhapsodic nonetheless.’
- ‘Economic development officials in Scarborough believe that the new office park will represent a huge boost in jobs and confidence for the east coast town.’
- ‘On a winter morning, I went to a suburban Baltimore office park to play a beta version.’
- ‘In the ensuing years, other corporate headquarters have flocked to the surrounding office park.’
- ‘Columbia, by contrast, feels like an enormous office park; it may be the blandest-looking social experiment since the Soviets tried their hand at public housing.’
- ‘The Deerwood North office park comprises two five-story buildings, totaling almost 275,000 square feet of space.’
- ‘Day pointed to a smattering of new high-density developments that have recently sprouted up just down the road from his office park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.