One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hours during which business is normally conducted.
- ‘With traditional office hours being eroded by the 24-hour society, more and more people seem to find themselves caught up in a rat race to get things done fast, and first.’
- ‘One man said long office hours had led to the breakdown of his marriage.’
- ‘Try calling a potential sponsor before office hours in the morning or after office hours in the evening.’
- ‘That administration put the American Swimming Coaches Association on a solid foundation at a permanent address with regular office hours.’
- ‘They used to have to spend time and money sending out brochures, doing fax mailings, and trying to reach people by phone during office hours.’
- ‘In addition, the service was only available during office hours.’
- ‘For emergencies after office hours, a chaplain is on call 24 hours a day and can be paged by a staff member.’
- ‘There is a telephone helpline during office hours for young people, parents and professionals.’
- ‘Call the organization's headquarters during office hours and a real person - not a voice mail system answers the phone.’
- ‘Our office hours are 9: 30 in the morning to 7 in the evening each weekday.’
- ‘Our office hours are Monday through Friday from nine a.m. until five p.m.’
- ‘I would love for Animal Control to do their job, but the darn problem is that they are open basically during office hours and a few hours on Saturdays.’
- ‘If you're in a U.S. registered vessel you can do so by telephone during normal office hours, Monday through Saturday.’
- ‘The government disallows chewing during office hours and in the military, but has no plans to ban it.’
- ‘But if you are the only lawyer in town, chances are you won't be confining your legal consultations to office hours.’
- ‘Consultants work weekdays, primarily during office hours, taking around 70 calls a day from residential customers from across Australia.’
- ‘We work normal office hours but we also work to meet the requirements of our clients.’
- ‘I typed out a note to all the staff about the meeting and that it would take place the next day before office hours at 6 am.’
- ‘This usually means the building will need plenty of HVAC zones, flexible office hours and point-of-use supplemental systems.’
- ‘Expanding resources such as later bookstore and administrative office hours may also benefit the community college student population at large.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.