Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The price at which a dealer or institution is prepared to sell securities or other assets.Compare with bid price
- ‘Small investors were often burned, buying high as well-connected players who could get in at the offering price unloaded shares at huge profits.’
- ‘The nation's largest food company started trading June 13 on the New York Stock Exchange at $31.50, above the offering price of $31, and ended the day down 25 cents.’
- ‘A share bought at the offering price of $21 would be worth $7,776 today and double that at its peak.’
- ‘Although the price has recovered somewhat, the company's shares have never topped the offering price.’
- ‘Its initial offering price was $20.44 but since then the shares have fallen more than 30 per cent.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.