One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The price at which a dealer or institution is prepared to sell securities or other assets.Compare with bid price
- ‘Small investors were often burned, buying high as well-connected players who could get in at the offering price unloaded shares at huge profits.’
- ‘A share bought at the offering price of $21 would be worth $7,776 today and double that at its peak.’
- ‘Although the price has recovered somewhat, the company's shares have never topped the offering price.’
- ‘The nation's largest food company started trading June 13 on the New York Stock Exchange at $31.50, above the offering price of $31, and ended the day down 25 cents.’
- ‘Its initial offering price was $20.44 but since then the shares have fallen more than 30 per cent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.