One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The price at which a dealer or institution is prepared to sell securities or other assets.Compare with bid price
- ‘The nation's largest food company started trading June 13 on the New York Stock Exchange at $31.50, above the offering price of $31, and ended the day down 25 cents.’
- ‘Its initial offering price was $20.44 but since then the shares have fallen more than 30 per cent.’
- ‘A share bought at the offering price of $21 would be worth $7,776 today and double that at its peak.’
- ‘Small investors were often burned, buying high as well-connected players who could get in at the offering price unloaded shares at huge profits.’
- ‘Although the price has recovered somewhat, the company's shares have never topped the offering price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.