Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of betting on a race) situated or taking place away from a racetrack.
confused, bewildered, perplexed, nonplussed, at a loss, in a state of confusion, in a muddleView synonyms
- ‘In May, the Oregon Governor signed a bill to allow year-round off-track betting on simulcasts in the state.’
- ‘On the job for two weeks, he suggested that they could operate the state's cash-strapped off-track betting operations.’
- ‘An accommodating new 125-seat off-track betting area guarantees that fans will never miss the excitement of a horse race.’
- ‘One bit of good news for Colonial Downs is that three of its four off-track betting outlets had power restored and were open as of September 21.’
- ‘Those participants who qualify from each local market will join as a team representing their racetrack or off-track betting facility in Las Vegas.’
- ‘Penn National acquired the Pocono Downs in 1996, and the sale includes five off-track betting facilities and 400 acres of real estate.’
- ‘As greyhound racing becomes more popular races are being simulcast to off-track wagering sites, and to other racetracks, even horse tracks.’
- ‘As the only simulcast licensee in North Dakota, Racing Services provides signals from racetracks around the nation to ten off-track locations in the state.’
- ‘Manhattan's Chinatown OTB outlet is the highest grossing off-track betting location for the entire state of New York.’
- ‘Approximately 89% of the New York tracks' total handle comes from off-track betting.’
- ‘Patrons have access to those accounts both at the track and at off-track betting outlets throughout the state.’
- ‘Autotote has off-track betting facilities in 12 Connecticut cities.’
- ‘The winning ticket, which originated from an off-track location in South Dakota, was worth $2,687,611.’
- ‘He said the company's 11 off-track wagering facilities in Pennsylvania were offering great cash return.’
- ‘Officials said they expected other racetracks and off-track wagering operators to adopt the new standard policies.’
- ‘Members of the Evansville, Indiana, City Council want to have a say in where off-track wagering facilities are located in their city.’
- ‘Howard added that all revenue, including revenue coming in from off-track wagers, would be contributed toward the relief effort.’
- ‘For the last year, the Yavapai Nation has attempted to amend an appendix that requires an Arizona racetrack to get off-track betting business taking place at the casino.’
- ‘In North America, it will be distributed via the Australian Racing Network to racetracks, off-track betting sites, and internet wagering sites.’
- ‘Officials are also considering adding off-track betting facilities near Louisville and in South Bend, Indiana.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.